Sacred Heart High School
Sacred Heart coordinates the West London Teaching School Alliance which is made up of over 50 schools including nurseries, primary, secondary and special schools; faith and non-faith schools; maintained schools, academies and free schools.
The West London Teaching School Alliance offers several courses/ programmes for professional development:
- NQT CPD programmes for primary and secondary (and NQT ratification)
- Improving Teacher Programme (in collaboration with OLEVI, The Centre for Leadership in Teaching & Learning). This is delivered through six 3-hour sessions including learning walks and lesson observations
- Leadership Programmes (including Emerging Leadership; NPQ Middle Leadership; NPQ Senior Leadership; NPQ Facilitator training; Shepherding Talent (for those aspiring to leadership in a Catholic School); and leaders for London/Aspiring Heads programme) They can also facilitate shadowing opportunities for staff. If you wish these can be reciprocal, but this is not a requirement.
- Good Practice Networks for both primary and secondary. WLTSA coordinates free Good Practice networks which meet termly for a range of primary and secondary subjects.
- Directed CPD: WLTSA have an extensive range of pre-planned primary CPD opportunities.
- Research & development: access to key research documents can be found here and opportunities for your school to become involved in WLTSA research; and suggest areas of focus.